“Windows are one of the most beautiful features of your home. With the many window styles and options today, there is really no reason not to update, upgrade, or replace existing windows. Window replacement can often save you money in the long-term because newer windows typically have greater energy efficiency factors, saving you money on your heating and air-conditioning bills.
The 2009 Stimulus Package offers a tax credit up to $1,500 when you replace windows and reduce energy costs. Certain types of windows qualify for this credit. It includes certain types of windows for most exterior windows and skylights, storm windows, exterior doors, and storm doors. It’s important to check and see if you qualify for this credit if you’re considering window replacement.
Replacing windows can have very positive results for your home – including greater energy efficiency, improved aesthetics, and expanded views of the beautiful outdoors. When you’re searching for window replacements, it’s important to keep the following tips and ideas in mind:
· Always use high quality materials for long-term value and lower maintenance
· Check to see if the windows you choose have manufacturer’s warranty, even when you are handling the installation yourself
· Make sure you use very exact measurements when purchasing and installing windows – taking your time to ensure accuracy will be time well spent
· Consider durable vinyl that won’t peel or crack since the color is permanent – that means less maintenance too. You can choose from a variety of colors to complement your home and environment.
· Check to see if the windows you are considering qualify for the 2009 Stimulus Package and Tax Credit. Not all windows qualify.
When it comes to window repair and maintenance, there are many options available. Window replacement is a good investment today – not only because you can install more energy efficient windows, but because a potential Tax Credit is just waiting around the corner. Installing windows that qualify for this Tax Credit are the types of windows that have the greatest value when it comes to keeping the hot and cold outside, and the heating and air conditioning inside!
Visit your local home improvement store and peruse the aisles of window styles and options before you make decisions about what you want. You will most likely find new window styles that are more appealing and interesting than what you might have in mind. It’s also a good idea to look through magazines and articles regarding window replacement so you can see how some of the most current window styles and options look in different types of homes.
Get started today on finding the best window replacements possible and start enjoying your new view soon. You’ll be glad you made the investment today and for your future.